Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Was Born

I decided I wanted a new blog.

The problem is that the type of blog I'd probably have would address music, movies, books, pop culture, politics, headlines and a variety of other things already in other blogs whose authors probably know more than I do.

I've decided to bite the bullet anyway and give in despite the fact that I know this blog will be pretentious, self-righteous and self-referential. What you read from here on might be topical, but it will definitely be random and stream-of-conscience. Guaranteed.

In other words, it will read like a lot of other blogs that mention movies, music, politics and current events.

A couple other blog concepts I was batting around:

Adopt-A-Child-Laborer: I would post pictures of child laborers and give you the chance to bid on them. This would have been difficult because of language barriers to say nothing of international commerce. Though I imagine that such a Web site could have kept those foreign markets a tad more stable.

Forget The Writers, I'm Writing My Own Show: I would write my own episodes of the shows affected by the strike. I'm not saying they'd be accurate, but it would be nice to see McDreamy with his balls back. And an episode with Bernie Getz as himself.

Ask a Meth Addict: Similar to "Ask A Black Dude" on "Chappelle's Show," this feature would allow the public to ask questions of strangers. These strangers, however, would be tweaking on homemade crank. Scheduling interviews between social worker visits and unmentionable acts would have been difficult and thus that blog is not meant to be. For now, anyway.

So, with those ideas unable to come to fruition, I'm stuck with the established format of so many other blogs: randomly posting thoughts about a variety of things that seemingly have nothing to do with each other. All written in the style of whichever writer I'm obsessed with that day.

Survey question
If you got to watch a movie with a presidential candidate, which candidate would you pick and which movie would you watch?

So far, I've considered:
Hillary Clinton, "Dolemite"
Mike Huckabee, "Caligula"
Mitt Romney, "The Secret"
John McCain, "Saw"

Unfortunately, I can't think of a good movie to watch with Obama. Maybe "Mean Girls" or "Terms of Endearment."

4 comments:

Jason said...

Welcome back, Notorious. I could be a putz and suggest "Hope Floats" but...you know what? That's exactly what I'm doing.

Anonymous said...

I think you should watch "The Last Dragon" with Obama...that way you can see if he relates more with Leroy or Sho Nuff.

Anonymous said...

I think Obama would be more of a Bruce Leroy kind of fella, but that could just be me.

Anonymous said...

I would think that perhaps a season of a TV show would be more appropriate for Obama. Perhaps Scrubs? The Office? Or how about going all out and going with something off the wall like "Basic Instinct" or "Dazed and Conufsed"?