Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The consumer's king and unhappiness is treason

"I worshipped George Lucas. I spent so much money on that guy's bullshit, but now, to me, I look at those two movies as betrayal. To me it's like, your uncle put his wiener near your mouth."
--Comedian Brian Posehn on the first two prequels

I've seen some of the "Clone Wars" shorts from Cartoon Network and they're not bad. If anything, they're enjoyable because you don't have to watch actors stumble through the bad dialogue. You only have to hear them.

But I'll go see it, because I'm a sucker for punishment. The timing on this is pretty good, because since 1999, George Lucas has been disppointing me once every three years. Last time was 2005 and I was beginning to ease up on my stance that he was an opportunist who had o problem pissing on the legacy of good movies. But it looks like he has a full bladder.

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' due Aug. 15 [The Los Angeles Times]

Survey question
Does every great movie series, TV series, band, etc. have a weak link that die-hard fans dismiss as apocrypha? "Star Wars" has the prequels, "The Godfather" has part III, "The Golden Girls" have the "Golden Palace" years. Can this be said of all great things, and how badly does the shitty release affect the over all series/band/etc.?

No comments: