Saturday, February 23, 2008

Experimental Music Love

OkCupid is a site that, similar to Match.com and eHarmony, matches potential mates. It also matches potential "friends" looking for "activity partners," which is a separate designation from "casual sex partners." Unlike those two other sites, OkCupid is free. Meaning there's a lot of funnier shit on there.

Two co-workers encouraged me to join. I was hesitant at first, but I realized I was missing the potential boon in joining. I was probably not going to find Mr. or Ms. Right in all this, but I'd probably get an amusing story. And that, my friends, has been a determining factor in most of the decisions I have made since turning 18.

Amusing anecdotes start now.

The site ranks your matches based on how many questions they answer in the way you'd want them to answer them. So, they will ask the question, ask for your answer, how your ideal match would answer that question, and how relevant his/her answer would be. The questions range from lifestyle (How often do you drink? Use the computer? Wash your towels?) to sexual (Do you want to be dominated? Do you want to wear a costume? Would you act out a rape fantasy?) to more serious (Would you abort a retarded baby?) and the like.

Some of the user-generated questions are the real gems of the site. Once you've answered 500 or more questions, you earn the privilege of writing your own questions.

The following are actual questions that users have submitted and have thus made it into OkCupid's rotation:

Q: If you were offered the opportunity to eat human meat prepared any way you like, would you at least try it?

I'd like it as a pan-fry skillet at Famous Amos.

Q: Imagine that you discover your lover incapacitated due to alcohol and/or drugs. He or she has left a note requesting that you take sexual advantage of him or her. What would you do?

Put her on the sofa. I don't want her vomiting on my couch.

Q: Imagine that while passing by on a walk, you see another adult kick their dog - hard. How would you respond?

I'd kick the person who wrote this question and who mixed singular and plural possessives.

Q: Imagine you are at a busy event when you come across a child who appears to be lost, alone, and distressed. How would you respond?

"You like gladiator movies?"

Q: Would it bother you if you were sleeping and your lover started fondling you to initiate sex?

Only if I were dreaming of having sex with someone I liked more.

There are more, but I think you get the idea. These questions probably shouldn't amuse me as much as they do, but then again, I am someone who appreciates a good knock-knock joke. So I'm easily entertained. I have answered more than 900 questions, partly because I want to see more questions. But now I want to write my own questions.

Possibility:

Q: If I were to say, "Today was a good day," what would you say?
A: "I didn't even have to use my AK!"

Survey question
What do YOU think I should put as a question? Keep in mind, I'm not looking for Ms. or Mr. Right. I'm looking for a good anecdote to put on this blog.

No comments: