Monday, April 28, 2008

The Nightbirds Start To Sing Their Favorite Song

Tonight, whilst on vacay, I will be doing karaoke at one of my former haunts. This place has a stage with several screens and a golconda of props, including hats and boas. This was where I developed my karaoke sense.

So, those of you who've seen me in action, blame this place.

There are a lot more songs at this place than the places where I go currently. I occasionally do karaoke at a VFW post where most of the regulars sing country or western music. My friend and I like to think we're a good kick in the pants for them, because when we walk in, the average age drops to about 55. He'll sing Green Day, Prince and Fresh Prince, and I'll sing J. Geils Band, REO Speedwagon and The Foundations.

Well, the most recent time we went in, he upped his game. He sang "Darling Nikki." Now, if you're not familiar with the Prince song, he meets her while she's in a hotel lobby doing something to herself that you don't see girls doing in public. That will get you an NC-17 rating.

The regulars loved it. The women in the room could not have cackled louder when he got to that part.

Maybe they'd go see my movie about ladies in love at the nursing home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When does you come home? I misses you!