Wednesday, April 23, 2008

When You're Old and Lonely And The Rush of Life is Past

A recent study on life expectancy shows that though some counties are seeing a decline in life expectancy, women are still living longer than men. This study prompted a female friend of mine to say, "We'll get lonely in the nursing home without you!" I, of course, have a plan: "You'll just have to become a lesbian."

This could be the best Farrelly brothers or John Waters movie ever: a nursing home in which the competition for available men becomes a big competition, and the remaining women have no option but to go for each other.

Holy shit, I could have just hit the jackpot. Have any studies been done on this? I've tried to find something, but all I could find was this article that almost reads like an Onion article and I can't find the original, just this version posted on an organization's Web site. But that they quote people advocating this practice is awesome.

Whether or not that article is legit or not is unimportant. I've totally come up with a great idea. Well, at least it's a great idea for a movie. I don't know if I suggest that older women get the hemp necklaces and flannel just yet.

You could always just become a cougar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude. Did you read the response underneath the article from that guy? He had absolutely no comprehension of what the article was about!!!! Helloooooo???? McFlyyyyyy???? Anybody hooooome???????????